-->

Monday, March 27, 2006

asides [1]

Yes, please do smile at me like that when you see me in line. Makes me feel pretty--makes me feel known, drawn in. And it's doubleplusgood that not only are you a courteous and speedy postal clerk, you are also handsome.

Yes, please do smile at me like that when you ring up my groceries. You're sort of crunchy and you haven't shaved in a few days but you look so pleased that I'm buying my organic cottage cheese and a tomato and a roll from you and no one else. Also you are very cute. And you have a nice grin. And you are directing it straight at me, from the moment you open up your line for me until you accidentally print my receipt.

Yes, please do email me and tell me I've won a writing award. Then follow it up with another email telling me how much the judge liked the work. Yes, indeed. Especially after a gruelling night of speed-grading and a hazy morning.

[If they can, I hope
every person in the world will say yes]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home